The team behind checkra1n is out with a new update today that adds support for jailbreaking iOS 13.3. The update also brings a bunch of bug fixes to the table.
iOS 13.3 was a relatively major update that fixed a number of bugs and also enhanced existing features like Screen Time by adding Communication Limits to it. You can find everything that’s new in iOS 13.3 here.
The latest release of checkra1n continues to be in beta. It does not add support for any new iPhones or iPads like the iPhone 5s, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, and iPad Air. The update does support for Apple TV 4K and while you might get a -20 error jailbreaking the streaming box, the process will still be successful.
Sadly, checkra1n still only works on macOS so if you don’t have access to a Mac, you are out of luck here. There’s no word on when the Windows or Linux version of the jailbreak tool will be released.
Below is the full change-log of checkra1n 0.9.7 beta:
- Fixes an issue which prevented the GUI from detecting changes in device modes
- Fixes an issue that caused the GUI to hang when jailbreaking some iPad models
- Add inital Apple TV 4K support
- Purge OTA updates on boot
- Add support for iOS 13.3
- Remove libimobiledevice as a dependency
- Properly handle situations where there’s no internet connection available while bootstrapping tvOS
- Add a Control Center shortcut for the tvOS loader app
You can download the latest release of checkra1n from here.